If you believe noise you're hearing is connected to a crime in progress, such as a burglary, an assault or domestic abuse, please ring us immediately on 999.

Noise nuisance can have a significant impact on your quality of life.

General anti-social behaviour issues are dealt with by the police and environmental teams at your local council, depending on the nature of the issue.

The majority of noise issues, such as noisy pubs or house parties, DIY activities, music, commercial or industrial processes,are the remit of your local council environment department.

Your local council has environmental teams that can assist in tackling these issues, details of which can be found below, although many will suggest, if you feel safe doing so, for you to make initial contact with the person causing the noise prior to a formal visit from their environmental teams.

If the noise nuisance is happening out of normal working hours for your local council, please report it to police on 101.

Download the noise app

If you live in Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire or Powys, you can download The Noise App to record and report noise nuisance directly to your Local Authority. Download the app, create an account and choose your local authority.

Council Contacts